What is a Tour Guide System?
Tour Guide Systems bring visitors clear and intelligible communication via radio transmission at plant tours, travel & city tours, sports arenas, multi-language interpretation, audio description and other guided tours in challenging and noisy environments.
Need Two-Way Speech, Discussion or Talkback? more...
About Tour Guide Systems
A typical tour guide system comprises a wireless microphone and a number of wireless receivers. The ‘Guide’ or ‘Interpreter’ talks into the microphone and the delegates or visitors listen to the commentary or translation through a headset or headphone. The message will get through to the visitor clearly without the guide having to shout to compete with noisy machinery or interrupt a meeting whilst they provide a translation.
Our range of tour guide systems offer maximum flexibility with minimum fuss. The tour guide system does away with sore throats for tour guides, confusion and frustration for the group tour party.
The radio group guide systems that we provide can be easily operated without any previous knowledge or experience of the equipment, easy-to-follow instructions are included, and you can call us or contact us online anytime for support. We have an enviable reputation for delivering first-class customer service. Here at Tourguide-SYSTEMS from Apple Sound Ltd, that's what we do - so you can be assured of the very best advice and service.
How do You Use a Tour Guide System?
Once the receivers and/or headsets are distributed to the group, the Tour Guide or Event Leader simply turns on a radio microphone transmitter and speaks to the audience via a hand held or head worn microphone. The group tour members then adjust their own volume to a level that is comfortable to them.
The lightweight, wireless radio receivers are comfortable to wear, even for long periods - receivers available with battery-life of up to 24 hours.
Our Tour Guide Systems are Ideal for:
- Guided Tours of museums, public gatherings, sports ground and arenas, historical buildings, art galleries across the UK and most of Europe - both indoors and outdoors
- Noisy Environments – such as factory and large plant tours
- Assistive Listening or Radio aid system for hearing impaired persons (using a hearing aid with telecoil for induction loop)
- Simultaneous Translation for multilingual meetings, or sim. tran. system
- Silent Conference, presentations at exhibitions and for multiple breakout sessions (up to 15 channels in the same space, just select the channel on the receiver) - open-plan and within temporary structures like inflatable domes. (Like a silent disco but without the flashing lights.)
The Tour Guide Microphone
The microphone can be hand held type - convenient to pass to members of the tour group for occasional questions, or a head-worn type which operates through a belt-worn radio transmitter – leaving the guide with their hands free to point out interesting features. Two-way speech systems are also available for Q&A with your tour group (talkback), or to allow full discussion between all participants (ideal for team training).
The Tour Party Listeners
The receivers can be either the one-piece Sennheiser ‘stethoset’ style - worn hanging from the ears, or a belt-pack type - using earpieces or tour guide headphones to relay the sound. Belt pack receivers can also be used in conjunction with ‘ear defender’ headphones for very noisy environments and with a ‘neck loop’ for hearing aid users (with T-position).